CUNOASTEREA ISLAMULUI - ISLAMIC KNOWLEDGE

CUNOASTEREA ISLAMULUI - ISLAMIC KNOWLEDGE

Forumul Femeilor Musulmane - The Forum Of Muslim Women

HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  GalleryGallery  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Time
Latest topics
» Arabic Language - online
Thu Jan 05, 2012 6:42 pm by Maryem***

» About Qur'an
Thu Jan 05, 2012 6:33 pm by Maryem***

» Evlavia Profetului Nostru
Tue May 24, 2011 8:56 pm by Maryem***

» Limba Araba
Wed May 11, 2011 1:56 am by Maryem***

» Cum se pronunta literele in limba araba
Wed May 11, 2011 1:51 am by Maryem***

» IMAGINI - AIlfabetul Limbii Arabe, Scriere si Pronuntie
Wed May 11, 2011 1:43 am by Maryem***

» Islamul este...
Tue May 10, 2011 6:09 am by Maryem***

» Who Wrote...
Tue May 10, 2011 5:59 am by Maryem***

» Tafsir of Suratul Fatihah
Tue May 10, 2011 5:57 am by Maryem***

Calendar
Facebook
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Visit
Quran

Share | 

The Importance Of Prayer

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Maryem***
Admin

Data de inscriere : 2010-12-15
Varsta : 24
Localizare : Egypt

PostSubject: The Importance Of Prayer   Tue May 10, 2011 4:43 am

Salat is the Islamic word for prayer. It is the second pillar of Islam, and of the most importance next to Tauhid. It is the first thing a new Muslim learn and do after making their shahada, as it is the acknowledgment and practice of worshipping none but Allah subhanahu wa ta'ala. From the Qu'ran:

I am Allah. There is no god but Me, so worship Me and establish salat to remember Me. (Surah Ta Ha:14)

Scholars and Muslims know it is the first thing new Muslims must learn because Allah subhanahu wa ta'ala Himself instructed the Prophet Mohammed salla Allahu alaihi wa-sallam to help people first accept Islam (the belief in, and worship of One God), and then to inform them that they must pray five times a day.

"You [Mohammed] are going to a people from the People of the Book. Let the first thing that you call them to be the worship of Allah. If they acknowledge Allah, then inform them that Allah has obligated upon them five prayers during their days and nights." [Al-Bukhari, Muslim]

The Qu'ran says that if one does not pray, one risks not being recognized as a Muslim by Allah subhanahu wa ta'ala:

"... Say: 'What has My Lord to do with you if you do not call on Him?'" (Surat al-Furqan: 77)

You have just learnt that the worst of all haraam (forbidden) acts in Islam is shirk [ http://cunoastereaislamului.forumegypt.net/t93-what-is-a-shirk#131 ] (associating partners with Allah subhanahu wa ta'ala) and kufr (disbelief). The Prophet Mohammed salla Allahu alaihi wa-sallam likened purposely disregarding the five wajib/fard (obligatory) prayers with shirk:

"Between a man a Shirk is abandonment of salat." (Sahih Muslim [Eng. Trans. vol.1 #147])

As a brand new baby muslimah your intention to learn how to pray and to perfect your prayer inshaAllah will be accepted by Allah. The benefit of salat is to protect one's self from evil, as Allah subhanahu wa ta'alawa informs us in the Qu'ran:

...establish salat. Salat precludes indecency and wrongdoing. And remembrance of Allah is greater still. Allah knows what you do. (Surat al-'Ankabut:45)

and his Prophet salla Allahu alaihi wa-sallam explains in this hadith:

"'If there was a river at the door of any one of you and he took a bath in it five times a day would you notice any dirt on him? They said. 'not a trace of dirt would be left'. The Prophet salla Allahu alaihi wa-sallam said, 'This is the example of the five prayers which Allah blots out [annuls] evil deeds.'"

Source: Girls Guid To Being Muslim

بِسْمِ اللهِ الرَّحْمنِ الرَّحِيمِ
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://cunoastereaislamului.forumegypt.net

The Importance Of Prayer
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1