CUNOASTEREA ISLAMULUI - ISLAMIC KNOWLEDGE
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Forumul Femeilor Musulmane - The Forum Of Muslim Women

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Time
Latest topics
» Arabic Language - online
Learn How To Pray EmptyThu Jan 05, 2012 6:42 pm by Maryem***

» About Qur'an
Learn How To Pray EmptyThu Jan 05, 2012 6:33 pm by Maryem***

» Evlavia Profetului Nostru
Learn How To Pray EmptyTue May 24, 2011 8:56 pm by Maryem***

» Limba Araba
Learn How To Pray EmptyWed May 11, 2011 1:56 am by Maryem***

» Cum se pronunta literele in limba araba
Learn How To Pray EmptyWed May 11, 2011 1:51 am by Maryem***

» IMAGINI - AIlfabetul Limbii Arabe, Scriere si Pronuntie
Learn How To Pray EmptyWed May 11, 2011 1:43 am by Maryem***

» Islamul este...
Learn How To Pray EmptyTue May 10, 2011 6:09 am by Maryem***

» Who Wrote...
Learn How To Pray EmptyTue May 10, 2011 5:59 am by Maryem***

» Tafsir of Suratul Fatihah
Learn How To Pray EmptyTue May 10, 2011 5:57 am by Maryem***

Calendar
Facebook
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Visit
Quran

Learn How To Pray

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Maryem***
Admin
Maryem***

Data de inscriere : 2010-12-15
Varsta : 31
Localizare : Egypt

Learn How To Pray Empty
PostSubject: Learn How To Pray   Learn How To Pray EmptyTue May 10, 2011 4:52 am

NOW THAT YOU HAVE LEARNED:

a. the importance of prayer (salat) https://cunoastereaislamului.forumegypt.net/t94-the-importance-of-prayer#132

b. the times for prayer (salat) https://cunoastereaislamului.forumegypt.net/t95-the-time-for-pray#133

c. how purify yourself for prayer (salat) https://cunoastereaislamului.forumegypt.net/t90-wudu
https://cunoastereaislamului.forumegypt.net/t91-ghusl

...It is time for you to start praying like a Muslim!!!!

The most important thing for you to learn now is memorising Surah Al Fatihah (which is a chapter in the Qu'ran called "The Opening").

WHAT IS "SURAH AL FATIHAH"?
A surah is an Islamic word for chapter, and an ayah is an Islamic word for "verse". In English, the title Al Fatihah is often translating to "The Opening" or the "Exordium". Surah Al Fatihah is the first surah (chapter) in the Qu'ran, and it consists of seven ayahs (verses) that form a prayer for Allah subhanahu wa ta'ala's mercy and guidance, and express the believer's dependence on the lordship and mercy of Allah subhanahu wa ta'ala.

WHY IS SURAH AL FATIHAH SO IMPORTANT TO LEARN?
Recitation of Surah Al Fatihah is considered a fard (obligatory) act during salat because Abu Hurayrah narrated that the Prophet salla Allahu alaihi wa-sallam said: “Whoever offers a prayer in which he does not recite Umm al-Kitab (i.e., Al-Fatihah), it is defective” – he said so three times" [Narrated by Muslim]. Without a proper recitation of Surah Al Fatihah a prayer is defective, i.e invalid, so learning Surah Al Fatihah in arabic ASAP is of great importance.

WHY CAN I NOT JUST MEMORIZE A TRANSLATION OF SURAH AL FATIHAH IN MY OWN NATIVE TONGUE?
The Arabic language of the Qu'ran is a direct revelation (word for word) from Allah subhanahu wa ta'ala of what was taught to the Prophet salla Allahu alaihi wa-sallam from the angel Jibreel (Gabriel). If it is translated, some of the original meaning is lost and that is something a Muslim never risks doing during his/her salat. The Qu'ran is recited ONLY in Arabic when it is used as a form of worship. So the worshipper must recite it properly in Arabic, because we are commanded to read and recite the Qur’an as it was revealed. Whoever is unable to pronounce it properly because of some defect in her tongue or because she is not an Arabic-speaker must learn to correct her pronunciation as much as she can. If she cannot, then she is relieved of this obligation, because Allah subhanahu wa ta'ala does not burden people with more than they are able to bear. Allah subhanahu wa ta'ala says: “Allah burdens not a person beyond his scope” [Al-Baqarah 2:286]

THE MEANING OF SURAH AL FATIHAH IN ENGLISH
One should still know the meaning of what they are reciting so that they can have good intentions while they say the words of a certain surah or ayah of the Qu'ran, and so that they can really mean what they are saying. Surah Al Fatihah has a meaning roughly as follows in English:
In the name of God, the Compassionate, the Merciful
Master of the worlds and Sovereign of the Day of Judgement
You alone we worship, and from You alone we seek our aid
Guide us to the straight path
The path of those You have earned Your favour
Not of those who have earned Your anger
Or those who have gone astray.
Ameen.

TRANSLITERATION OF HOW TO SAY SURAH AL FATIHAH IN ARABIC
Bismillahir Rahmanir-Raheem
Al-Hamdu Lil-lahi Rabbil-'Alameen
Ar-Rahmanir-Raheem
Maliki Yawmid-Deen
'Iyaka Na'budu Wa' Iyaka Nasta'een
Ihdinas-Siratal-Musta-qeem
Siratal-Ladheena 'An'amta 'Alay-him
Ghayril-Maghdhoubi 'Alay-him Wa La-dhaalleen
(Ameen)
Back to top Go down
https://cunoastereaislamului.forumegypt.net
Maryem***
Admin
Maryem***

Learn How To Pray Empty
PostSubject: Re: Learn How To Pray   Learn How To Pray EmptyTue May 10, 2011 4:53 am

STARTING TO RECITE AL FATIHAH IN SALAT
When the time for salat comes now that you have learnt Al Fatihah make the proper ablution and then recite Surah Al Fatihah. If, in the middle of salat, you can only remember a few lines of Surah Al Fatihah, recite what you know because the Prophet salla Allahu alaihi wa-sallam said: “Whatever you know of Qur’an, recite it, otherwise praise Allah, proclaim His Oneness and magnify Him.” [Narrated by Abu Dawud][Al-Mughni, 1/289, 290] and then you may add after what you know, that God is One and the Creator/Maintainer of all to finish up your salat. Some sisters write down Surah Al Fatihah one something they can read while preforming salat in order to memorize it. So you must try hard and keep practising it. You can do this by reciting it to another Muslim sister who can recite it well, and by listening to surahs recited by skilled reciters on tapes or broadcasts.There is no need to feel nervous and anxious, because Allah subhanahu wa ta'ala knows what is in people’s hearts, and He knows who is trying hard and making the effort, and who is lazy and heedless.The difficulty that you find in reciting Qur’an will increase your hasanaat (good deeds) and rewards. It was narrated that ‘Aisha (may Allah be pleased with her) said: the Prophet salla Allahu alaihi wa-sallam said: “The one who is skilled in reciting Qur’aan will be with the noble and obedient scribes (i.e., the angels?) and the one who reads the Qur’aan and struggles with it because it is difficult for him will have two rewards.”
(Narrated by Muslim, 798) Al-Nawawi (may Allah have mercy on him) said: The one who struggles with it is the one who is hesitant in his recitation because he is not able to memorize it well. He will have two rewards: the reward for reciting it and the reward for his efforts in reciting it. There is no need to repeat verses more than once, because this is not what the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allah be upon him) did or taught. Rather that opens the door to waswaas (whispers from the Shaytaan), detracts from the prayer, makes you lose your focus, distracts you from pondering the meaning of the verses and makes the shaytaan happy, because from that he can find a way to make you suffer so that you will ultimately give up praying. But Allah is Most Gracious and Most Merciful, and He is more merciful towards us than we are to ourselves, and He does not burden us with more than we can bear.
Back to top Go down
Maryem***
Admin
Maryem***

Learn How To Pray Empty
PostSubject: Re: Learn How To Pray   Learn How To Pray EmptyTue May 10, 2011 4:53 am

WHAT IS THE BENEFIT OF SURAH AL FATIHAH?
a. A recitiation of Al Fatihah is necessary for salat to be valid since the Prophet salla Allahu alaihi wa-sallam said: “Whoever offers a prayer in which he does not recite Umm al-Kitab (i.e., Al-Fatihah), it is defective”
b. Besides being an obligation in the five fard prayers, there is hassanat (reward) for the act. The Prophet salla Allahu alaihi wa-sallam said: the Prophet salla Allahu alaihi wa-sallam said: “The one who is skilled in reciting Qur’aan will be with the noble and obedient scribes (i.e., the angels?) and the one who reads the Qur’aan and struggles with it because it is difficult for him will have two rewards.”
c. It was said to Abu Hurayrah: "...I heard the Messenger of Allah (peace and blessings of Allah be upon him) said:“Allah said: I have divided prayer between Myself and My slave into two halves and My slave shall have what he has asked for. When the slave says: Al-hamdu lillahi rabbi l-alamin (All the praises and thanks be to Allah, the Lord of the ‘Aalameen (mankind, jinn and all that exists), Allah says: My slave has praised Me. And when he says: Ar-Rahmaan ir-Raheem (The Most Gracious, the Most Merciful), Allah (mighty and sublime be He) says: My slave has extolled Me. and when he says: Maaliki yawm id-deen (The Only Owner (and the Only Ruling Judge) of the Day of Recompense (i.e. the Day of Resurrection)), Allah says: My slave has glorified Me - and on one occasion He said: My slave has submitted to My power. And when he says: Iyyaaka na’budu wa iyyaaka nasta’een (You (Alone) we worship, and You (Alone) we ask for help (for each and everything)), He says: This is between Me and My servant, and My servant shall have what he is asking for. And when he says: Ihdina’s-siraata’l- mustaqeem, siraat alladzeena an’amta alaihim ghayril-maghdubi alayhim wa la’ d-dhalleen (Guide us to the Straight Way. The way of those on whom You have bestowed Your Grace, not (the way) of those who earned Your Anger, nor of those who went astray), He says: This is for My servant, and My servant shall have what he has asked for.” [Narrated by Muslim]
Labels: how to recite Surah al Fatiha, memorising surah Al Fatihah, the importance of reciting Surah Al Fatihah, the translation of Surah Al Fatiha in english

Source: Girls Guid To Being Muslim
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Learn How To Pray Empty
PostSubject: Re: Learn How To Pray   Learn How To Pray Empty

Back to top Go down

Learn How To Pray
Page 1 of 1